]]>

« Home | A grown-up when I want to be. » | Happy Thoughts » | Thank you, but I don't need another MMR shot. » | I'm not homesick. » | Huh. »

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The most fun thing I did today.

The best part of my day was the hour I spent google-stalking. One of my friends is working on organizing a reunion of all the people from our high school debate team and since I've only kept in touch with a handful of people from the Class of '98, I didn't have many email addresses to share with her. Hence, the google-stalking.

I started out by making a list of everyone from the classes of '97, '98, and '99 that we need to contact. That didn't work out as well as I'd planned; I now have several entries along the lines of "that short guy with the funny hair who dated that girl." It's not all that helpful for googling, but the friend whose organizing the reunion will know who I mean and maybe she'll remember his name.

Anyway, my initial research indicates that a number of people are still plugging away at their undergrad degrees, a handful of us are in law school, a fair number have become teachers, and a couple of people have completely vanished. Many people are married. At least three have kids; I don't know what to say about that except that I still think taking care of a houseplant is overwhelming.

I'm sort of surprised at how excited I am to see these people again. Maybe it's because I'm reasonably happy with how I've spent the last six-and-a-half years. Maybe it's because I've changed a lot since then and I'm excited to see how other people have changed. No, that's crap. It neither of those reasons. The sad truth is I love gossip and a reunion means that I not only get to hear the scoop on the twenty or so people who are there, I also get to hear the rumors about all the people who don't show up. Hmm, it's true what they say: you can take the girl out of the small town, but you can't take the small town out of the girl.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker