]]>

« Home | How did I live without this? » | A little confession. » | I'm too young for this. » | Poppycock » | Mission: Accomplished » | Handwritten is best » | Oh wow, I feel old. » | I ♥ Target » | The relaxing days are over. » | Confidence matters »

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

40 Hours

Yup, just 40 hours until my ride to the airport arrives. I think they're going to go slowly. I had to leave the library about 30 minutes ago because I was falling asleep (not just tired, actually falling asleep). Unfortunately, the frigid New York wind woke me up, so now I can't fall asleep as planned. I guess I could pack. Yah, that's what I'll do. If my mom is reading this, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to find out that I'm planning to bring home an extra suitcase full of stuff that I don't want to mail home at the end of the year.

Studying today has been a struggle. I keep thinking about stuff that I want/need to do while I'm home. There are friends, a grandma, hairdressers, and restaurants to visit. I'm also planning to read Blink and finally finish A Prayer for Owen Meany, which I stopped reading for some unknown reason last summer. Anyone reading this in SoDak should let me know if there are new or exciting things for me to check out in the Sioux Falls, Watertown, or Aberdeen areas while I'm there.

Did you know that Anna Deveare Smith teaches at the law school? Maybe you did, I actually remember reading that in one of the NYU booklets last year, but I didn't really believe it until this morning when she followed me into Golding Lounge and surveyed with dismay the food available for purchase. Natrually, my first thought was "Nancy McNally!" but I chose not to share that with her. (Remember that part of The Catcher in the Rye where Holden gets upset because of his class where the students had to yell "Digression!" whenever a fellow student digressed during a speech? Well you should be yelling that at me now. Although maybe, like Holden, you thought this was the most interesting part.)

So, I'm now down to 39 and 3/4 hours. I was right, it's going waaaaay too slow.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker