]]>

« Home | Back at the Libs » | A little bit of productivity. » | So, you like being home, then? » | Ah, Spring Fling » | I changed my desktop picture in honor of Spring Br... » | 40 Hours » | How did I live without this? » | A little confession. » | I'm too young for this. » | Poppycock »

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The library can be a dangerous place.

Some might say I'm easily distracted. I'd say that only happens with things worth of my attention, like good books and photographs. This book caught my attention a few hours ago and I finally gave in and paged through all of it. It's fantastic. It's probably worth it's price and it's absolutely worth a trip to the library.

Some of its photos are displayed here. In the "Awwww" competition, this is my favorite. And in the "simple pictures can be awesome" category, this one.

One of the photo descriptions from photographer Stuart Franklin provides an apt explanation for why I enjoy maintaining this blog:
The other day I asked Billy, now ten, what he remembered fo the circumstances around the picture taken here, with his aunt Brigid's dog, Phoebe, and he said: "I don't remember any of my childhood. All I remember is blurred looking around . . . and then I was nine."
I generally feel a sense of "blurred looking around" and it's nice to have a place to record some of the details. Actually, other than this blog, the only consistent record I've kept is with my photographs. So, you might just see a few more of them posted around here.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker