]]>

« Home | Kansas: The Amish sure know how to make a pie. » | Oklahoma: Well, it's nice to be in a plains state. » | Texas: Hello, allergies. » | New Mexico: I'm enchanted. » | Arizona: Not what I expected. » | California: Huge. » | Wedding Crashers: Love it. » | Happy Anniversary! » | The weekend was great, but I'm running solely on c... » | Tonight, I'm taking the red-eye to DC. »

Friday, August 12, 2005

Nebraska: Hello, frizzy hair.

Actually, the frizzy hair probably started back in Kansas. Humidity + curly hair = head full of frizz. My California summer had magically erased all my memories of humidity. Unfortunately, I think New York's going to have it in spades, so I'll be test driving some styling products this next week.

Me and Nebraska have had a turbulent past. I once went on a completely awful trip to Omaha with a friend who had recently decided to try out being bipolar and I think the state's obseessive devotion to Huskers football is a bit annoying. That said, the gently rolling hills in the northern part of the state are very pretty and I'm a big fan of Wayne.

We drove through the state entirely on Hwy. 81 which is one of my roads. This won't come as a surprise, but I get a little sentimental about roads. I-29 and Highways 12, 20, 81, and 212 in South Dakota. I-95 on the East Coast (despite its awfulness) and the 101 on the West coast. Anyway, Hwy. 81 goes past my grade school and it was part of my morning drive during high school, not to mention the fact that I generally have to take it anytime I want to go anywhere in Watertown, or leave Watertown. It was nice to see a new stretch of it.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker