]]>

« Home | New Mexico: I'm enchanted. » | Arizona: Not what I expected. » | California: Huge. » | Wedding Crashers: Love it. » | Happy Anniversary! » | The weekend was great, but I'm running solely on c... » | Tonight, I'm taking the red-eye to DC. » | It's days like yesterday that make law school over... » | Oddly enough, » | This was published back in May »

Friday, August 12, 2005

Texas: Hello, allergies.

I started sneezing at exactly the same moment I first opened my car door in Texas. Then my eyes started watering and my throat started to close up. Ahh, summer on the prairie. Nothin' like it.

Texas is okay. The area around Amarillo looks a lot like home, but I'm going to go ahead and say that I don't think I could ever live in Amarillo. That's a big deal since, as my mom has pointed out, my most frequent assessment of new places I visit is, "it's nice, I could live here." Maybe it's the really loud bugs. Maybe it's the heat. Maybe it's the fact that town has little, if any, character. Maybe it's that the beautiful homes in the historic district were all for sale, while large, cookie-cutter homes seem to be rapidly invading the outskirts of the town. Maybe I just don't want to live in Texas (although, I'm holding out on making that a definite pronouncement until I've visited Austin, which I hear is lovely).

Anyway, Texas, y'all talk with big, thick drawls and at least that's endearing. There are few sounds more amusing than unapologetic drawl.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker