]]>

« Home | I shouldn't be allowed in law school. » | I applied to my first law firm today. » | Check it out. » | Did you hear that? » | Dinner and mail » | Wired for Chaos » | Dried apricots suck. » | I'm feeling nostalgic -- bear with me. » | Back in New York. » | I hate slushy roads. »

Friday, January 14, 2005

I'm a runner!

I've been sticking to the half-marathon training schedule fairly faithfully, so I decided it was time to invest in new running shoes. I did a bunch of research at Runner's World and I talked to a couple of friends who've been running since high school before I headed to the store. I found out that I need to wear "stability" shoes because I have a tendency to overpronate (my feet roll inward too much when I wear regular shoes). I felt very cool walking into the sporting goods store this evening equipped with a short list of shoes I wanted to test run and words like "overpronate" to throw around. The happy news is that I'm now the proud owner of these. Plus, they were on sale!

So, in all reality, I probably can't call myself a "runner" just yet. I do, however have the shoes and the vocab. On Sunday I'm supposed to run six miles. If I can get through that, I think my new title will be official.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

You are seriously my hero! I want to do a half-ironman this spring, and my only obstacle is the overwhelming fear of running a half-marathon.

Welcome to the Mizuno fan club, and let me be the first to warn you, they will never be an attractive color. In fact mine have only gotten uglier since I started wearing them in 2003. Currently, the good folks at Mizuno seemed to have gone with a "support our troops meets the space age" motif as my shoes are ever so patrioticly red, white, blue, and silver.

Me and my fancy kicks are off to the gym. Happy running!

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker