]]>

« Home | Okay, I think I'm going to stop now. » | Thinking of home and other stuff. » | This morning's bloody mary was a necessity. » | Ew. » | There's a reason I try not to turn on my TV. » | I miss being on a team. » | A lovely Valentine's Day despite having no Valentine. » | Try to avoid jobs that require a description of yo... » | The training continues. » | As long as we're talking about politics, here's a ... »

Monday, February 21, 2005

Three-day weekend and not a lot of homework.

A dangerous combination. I'd like to say that I spent the weekend alone in the corner of the library reviewing estates and negligence formulas, but I didn't. I managed to get the necessary homework done, but that's it. Luckily, the rest of the week should be pretty low-key, so I think I'll be able to slip in some reviewing. For now, I'm happy to have had a relaxed weekend. I'm lazy, so the recap's going to be in list form.

  • I finally found a good used book store. Housing Works Used Book Cafe in SoHo has all the essential characteristics. It's big, but not so big it's overwhelming. It's well-organized. It has a cafe. Most importantly, the fiction section had a nice variety of new books, classics, and fun books. It's also only short walk from my apartment, so I'll definitely be going back -- probably more than I should.
  • I found out New Jersey's not so bad, but I think I already have a post on that.
  • I had fun drinking Friday night, but I've posted on that, too.
  • I've already mentioned that I saw Million Dollar Baby, but I should also admit to watching The Notebook on the NYU movie channel. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I enjoyed it. I even got a little teary-eyed at the end.
  • I also rekindled a little of my West Wing love during today's marathon on Bravo.
  • I ordered a bunch of food from Fresh Direct and have been cooking up a storm.
  • I found out that dried vinaigrette is hard to clean up. I'm a messy cook.
  • I did some serious cleaning in my apartment and am now much happier with my space (mainly because there's now more of it).
  • I made a new playlist on itunes. I think my summer job offer in Austin has been on the brain because it features a lot of alt-country (or whatever the appropriate classification is). I've noticed that I'm a little obsessed with songs from Kathleen Edwards, Slaid Cleaves, Robert Earl Keen, The Be Good Tanyas and Old Crow Medicine Show.
  • My brother called. It was good to hear from him; we haven't talked in a month or so. He started the conversation by inviting me over to drink cheap beer with his friends. It's too bad that he lives a time zone away. Otherwise, I totally would've gone.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

AUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good choice!!!! Can you tell I am so super beyond happy for you?!

You are going to have the BEST TIME EVER! There's 107.1, Mexican Martinis, breakfast tacos, Antone's, migas three meals a day, queso runs like water, $1 Shiners, Cain and Abel's, South Congress, Waterloo Records, pink granite Capitol, I could go on for days!! Screw Disneyland, Austin is the happiest place on earth! YAY!!!!!

Oh, I'm sending you REK live at ACL to get you in an even Austin-y-er mood! YAY!!!!

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker