]]>

« Home | As long as we're talking about politics, here's a ... » | Money, money, money » | I like interviews. » | It seems rather early for this. » | Property was great today. » | E for Effort » | Oh! Ew. » | Poor planning and a trick knee. » | This is going to be clean-up weekend. » | 12 Hours in DC »

Sunday, February 13, 2005

The training continues.

As part of my training for the upcoming Brooklyn Half-Marathon, I ran the Al Gordon 15K in Central Park today. The first four miles flew by, the next three weren't too bad and the last 2.3 were the longest 25 minutes of my life.

I maintained the same pace that I ran during the 7-mile race last month. My knee hurt throughout the entire race, so I'm happy with that pace. Although, I'd like to cut a lot off it before the half-marathon.

The good news is that it was a beautiful day to be in Central Park. The weather's pretty warm and there was a nice cool breeze. My face even feels like it got some sun. During the last race, I only saw a handful of non-race people in the park. Today, despite an earlier start time, the park was full. I guess the 25 degree difference in temperature and the fact that a blizzard wasn't moving probably have something to do with it. Also, The Gates are up. I'm not really sure I understand The Gates, but here's what the artists have to say:
The 16 day duration work of art, free to all, will be a long-to-be-remembered joyous experience for every New Yorker, as a democratic expression that Olmsted invoked when he conceived a “central” park. The luminous moving fabric will underline the organic design of the park, while the rectangular poles will be a reminder fo the geometric grid pattern of the city blocks around the park. The Gates will harmonize with the beauty of Central Park.
That's not really what I was thinking while I was running. In fact, my main thought was, "Huh. They're big and they glow in the sunlight." Hey, 9.3 miles is far, and I had other concerns on my mind.

The rest of my weekend has been pretty low-key. It feels like everyone around here, myself included, decided to use these days to do catch-up work. At this point last semester, I was feeling kind of overwhelmed by Civil Procedure, so I spent an afternoon in Central Park re-reading the Erie line of cases. I'm not feeling overwhelmed this semester, but I don't feel like I have a solid grasp on much of the material right now. I understand what's going on while I'm in class, but the information isn't sticking with me. Much as I don't want this to be true, I just need to spend more time studying. Unfortunately, despite the nice weather, it's not really warm enough to sit outside. So, I'm going to drag my very sore legs over to the library.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Congrats on completing your first official race! I'm so proud [sniff]...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker