]]>

« Home | Oh! Ew. » | Poor planning and a trick knee. » | This is going to be clean-up weekend. » | 12 Hours in DC » | I didn't know buffalo are vain. » | It's official. » | Out of practice. » | It's been a good weekend. » | Instead of a song, I've got a poem stuck in my head. » | "There are no words that can tell the hidden spiri... »

Monday, February 07, 2005

E for Effort

This afternoon's four-hour admin class was less painful than I'd expected. Granted, four hours of any law school class is tiring, but my professor let us go a little early and she was very funny today, so it was okay. Also, I genuinely appreciate the effort she makes to bring a little excitement to the class. Today, we discussed Nix v. Hedden, a case that determined whether a tomato should be classified as a fruit or a vegetable. My professor came prepared to make an argument about the blurry line between fruits and vegetables based on the recipes in a cookbook called "Vegetable Desserts: Beyond Carrot Cake and Pumpkin Pie." She also took a minute after the discussion ended to gleefully share with us her favorite recipes -- Celery Doodles and Sweet Pea Bars. Okay, so funnier things have happened in my law school classes, they've just usually been unplanned. I appreciate effort, that's all.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker