]]>

« Home | Try to avoid jobs that require a description of yo... » | The training continues. » | As long as we're talking about politics, here's a ... » | Money, money, money » | I like interviews. » | It seems rather early for this. » | Property was great today. » | E for Effort » | Oh! Ew. » | Poor planning and a trick knee. »

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A lovely Valentine's Day despite having no Valentine.

Apart from some tortuous reading for Torts, my Valentine's Day was very enjoyable. I'd made plans yesterday to watch a movie tonight with a few friends. A few hours ago we impulsively decided to start watching the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice. The movie was originally a mini-series and it's broken into six forty-minute segments, so we just finished it a few minutes ago. It might've been a typical "we don't have boyfriends so we're going to stay up late watching a girly movie" way of spending Valentine's Day, but it was also very fun. P&P viewings, which are rare because of its length, are almost always a good time. They're especially enjoyable with people who properly appreciate the intricacies of the book, the film, and of course, Colin Firth's portrayal of Mr. Darcy.

I also had another fun job interview this afternoon. I've lost any ability I ever had to actually gauge my chances of actually getting the job, but I had a great conversation with my interviewer. It turned out that we have very similar views on law and public policy. Even if I don't get the job, it was a productive half-hour.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker