]]>

« Home | Back home again. » | A mystery. » | The library can be a dangerous place. » | Back at the Libs » | A little bit of productivity. » | So, you like being home, then? » | Ah, Spring Fling » | I changed my desktop picture in honor of Spring Br... » | 40 Hours » | How did I live without this? »

Saturday, March 19, 2005

This post was going to be about how much I hate flying.

But, that would've been boring and I don't really hate it, I just generally find airports and airtravel to be excessively annoying. Long story short: today's trek from SoDak to NYC involved a lot of running follwed by a lot of sitting. Ick. I shouldn't complain, though. United got me and my luggage back to New York in one piece (well, technically, four pieces). I'm just relieved it's over.

I'm not particularly excited to be back. It's always hard to leave the comfort of family and old friends, but this time was especially disheartening. The rest of the semester's kind of lackluster. So, I guess the word for me right now is . . . resolved. Yeah, resolved to kick the studying and whatnot into high gear for the next 7 weeks or so. All sorts of fun and adventure await me once finals are over, so at least I have something to look forward to.

All in all, the trip home was just what I needed. I've been kind of angsty lately and the downtime helped me sort out at least a few of the things that have been bothering me. Also, it was good to see my friends. Everyone's leaving! It's great, I'm very excited for the job and school plans that everyone has, but it means that going home's not going to be nearly as much fun from now on. Well, with the notable exception of an upcoming wedding; I guess that'll be the last hurrah.

Luckily, the friends who are getting married also recently bought a house in Sioux Falls, so they can hold down the fort until the rest of us become disillusioned and move back. I saw the house last night and am a little jealous of it. It has pretty hard wood floors, big windows, a yard, and a cool den. I'm not yet ready to give up my transient lifestyle, but I'd kind of like a house of my own, somewhere. I don't think that's an unreasonable desire.

I guess I should unpack now. I'd planned to go grocery shopping this evening, but right now the thought of walking anywhere farther than the pop machine downstairs makes me want to cry. I think I've got some microwave popcorn around here. I'll be fine until morning.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker