]]>

« Home | And the weekend ends on a high note. » | Muddled. » | Oh, I live in New York. » | I was a high school debater. » | Not what I expected to think about today. » | It's easy to like New York when the weather's nice. » | Miscellany » | My floor is clean the cleaning men are my new best... » | Too much stuff. » | Friday Night. Woo. »

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

DC Trip #1 is over.

It was good trip and I'm glad I went. Despite only being there for about 20 hours, I got to see quite a few friends and former co-workers. I had went to my favorite Senate restaurant and my favorite Senate sandwich. I talked to a committee staffer about interning on his committee at some point. I met some cool NYU students from (gasp) outside the law school.

The lobbying went pretty much as expected; none of the staffers said anything other than what they should've said. Although, I was pleased to catch a few of them off guard. It's easy to do constituent meetings on auto-pilot and I think they were surprised to encounter a student who knew more than a little about the budget process and higher ed reauthorization.

The highlight of the day happened while I was on the bus back to New York. One of the lawyers I'll be working with the summer called to ask if I wanted to focus a lot of my work on co-authoring an article with her. I'm excited because the topic we'll be writing on is interesting and timely and she seems like she'll be a fantastic co-worker. The low point came when I realized that I'd lost my driver's license. It wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't flying on Friday. So, cross your fingers that the express package from my parents containing my passport really does arrive overnight.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Lost license = "low point"?

What happened to "the scramble's part of what makes me fun"?

Aren't you wishing you'd invested in one of those skater wallet chains I recommended?

Hans Brix: The Sutton Place sanny was delightful. Unfortunately, there were no good frozen yogurt flavors yesterday.

Katherine: The scramble is fun because 99% of the time it's short and I find what I'm looking for. Alas, yesterday was the exception.

Head Kid: I'm pretty sure the license fell on the floor at a rest stop off I-95. So, it's more likely that a high school student in Aberdeen, MD will be passing herself off as "North Maple Rag."

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker