]]>

« Home | Miscellany » | My floor is clean the cleaning men are my new best... » | Too much stuff. » | Friday Night. Woo. » | In the middle. » | I think this is fascinating. » | Red pens make me happy. » | Nothing went as planned today, but it all turned o... » | Ew. » | I've been having work flashbacks all day. »

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

It's easy to like New York when the weather's nice.

And today, the weather was beautiful. I had all sorts of errands scheduled today and somehow, all of them multiplied (I'd get to one office and they'd tell me I should've gone to the office five blocks away or I'd arrive at the right place and realize I'd forgotten my checkbook). Usually, my patience for that kind of thing runs out fast, but today it was so nice outside I was kind of grateful for all the extra walking.

I tried to each lunch in Washington Square Park while I read a law review article for tomorrow's torts class but I ended up spending most of my time talking with an old woman who sat on the other side of my bench. She offered me some saltines and the wound up telling me how she'd lived in the neighborhood for 50 years. She showed me a picture of her cat (she calls him her "four-legged husband") and told me about how she used to see Eleanor Roosevelt riding through the park on her horse. The history major in me just couldn't resist a story like that; torts could wait.

I did get some homework finished this afternoon and then I finally put in a claim for a new cell phone with my insurance company. After my first phone call, I realized I had neglected, of course, to first obtain a police report regarding my lost/stolen phone. The Sixth Precinct's station is about a fifteen minute walk from my apartment and my stroll over there was lovely. Front stoops were filled with chatting neighbors and the late afternoon sunlight made the West Village extra quaint. Passers-by seemed friendlier, families seemed happier, and dogs seemed slightly less pissed at their owners for making them live in Manhattan. Oh, and the fine men and women of the Sixth Precinct were fantastically helpful.

My new phone will be here on Friday. The insurance company is actually sending me an upgraded version of my phone since they didn't have any of my model in stock. And, they're including a car charger, which I would've had to buy this summer anyway. I'm still kind of irked at myself for losing my phone and I'd rather not pay the deductible, but really the situation turned out pretty well.

And now, I think I'm going to watch the season finale of The West Wing. I haven't finished nearly enough work today, but really, what's another hour going to matter?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Of course! I'm ready to par-tay.

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker