]]>

« Home | Ew. » | I've been having work flashbacks all day. » | This is maybe my busiest week of law school. » | Happy Easter! » | Almost there. » | This evening has veered off course. » | Super Walmart and Chokecherry Jam » | It's been a busy day. » | I'm feeling kind of dorky today. » | Oh, and speaking of jobs . . . »

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Nothing went as planned today, but it all turned out okay.

I got a lot done today, although not quite as much as I would've liked. I completed some necessary errands, but forgot a few only slightly-less-necessary ones. I applied to a few clinics, but it took more time than I had planned. I went to a mandatory meeting about early interview week, but it was less helpful than I expected.

On the other hand, one clinic application that I thought would turn out kind of crappy, ended up being semi-respectable. I also finished some reading I'd been planning to put off until tomorrow. And, I discovered that the Union Square Whole Foods sells my favorite salmon salad sandwich (the Columbus Circle Whole Foods stopped making it a few months ago).

Also, it was beautiful day; warm enough that I put on flip-flops for a short time. Every trip outside was enjoyable (even walking to the copy store an hour ago only to confirm that they were already closed). Springtime in New York is making me a little sentimental (that' s probably not so special, lots of things make me sentimental); I visited the city for the first time almost two years ago and NYU Law one year ago. Both days were similar to today. Last year, especially, I spent all my time in New York trying to picture myself living here. As a midwesterner, I generally think the weather and the seasons are vitally important to my life, so today was really the first time since I moved here, that my life was, in those two ways, like what I imagined during those first visits.

Wow, that last sentence was rather oddly constructed. Anyway, in honor of that first trip to New York, I've included one of the few photos I took that day. While walking past the crowd outside The Today Show, a certain sign caught my eye. Patriotic dancing is so inspiring.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Just remember, dance from your heart, not your head.

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker