]]>

« Home | This is maybe my busiest week of law school. » | Happy Easter! » | Almost there. » | This evening has veered off course. » | Super Walmart and Chokecherry Jam » | It's been a busy day. » | I'm feeling kind of dorky today. » | Oh, and speaking of jobs . . . » | W-4's and Personnel Policy Manuals » | Three new things I like: »

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I've been having work flashbacks all day.

Last night, after being accused of not being a grown-up, I decided to start using Outlook for email and scheduling (I had been using Outlook Express). The upgrade made perfect sense; the next few weeks are busy and I have a number of mandatory things that I can't let myself forget. I've been sort of hesitent about using the Outlook calendar because it used to rule my life. At my job, I used Outlook to schedule everything, including time-sensitive projects. Eventually, as my workload grew, the reminders about projects that were due (or overdue) popped up incessantly.

Today, as the reminders started popping up for the first time in about nine months, I found out that I still react to them with a feeling of dread. Not all of the reminders at my job were bad -- most were just meetings that I had to attend. The project reminders, however, were the worst and they're what caused the dread. My first thought was usually "Shit. This memo/statement/letter/press release needs to be done now, and it's crap." Luckily, most of my reminders this week are far less stressful, so I'm hoping I'll soon stop reacting with a feeling of alarm and an accelerated heartrate.

Also, this morning as I was walking out of CVS, I was sure I saw this guy who used to work in the Senate. Hans Brix and I used to see him everywhere. He's tall and lanky and has a staring problem. We called him "that weird guy from Nighthorse-Campbell's office" even though we never really knew who he worked for. I think someone just suggested Nighthorse-Campbell as an option and we went with it since we had no better name for him. Anyway, this guy was more than a little creepy (he's one of those DC guys who wears his Senate ID at all times) and I'm sure I saw him on Sixth Avenue today.

Finally, I've lost my phone. That's something I did at work all the time. It's been missing for 24 hours and I really, really miss it. My own forgetfulness amazes me sometimes. I have a really good memory for just about everything other than where I've put my stuff.* So that's the story of my day, lots of de ja vu. Now, I'm going to work through the evening which is also something I did too much of at my job.


* Hey, Katherine von Bora and Head Kid, I know what you've been saying about me. I have loyal sources.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

All I've said is that when you're traveling, it would be helpful if you could somehow attach your valuable items to your person (think skater wallet chain) so the inevitable scramble to recover them can be avoided. Lose all you want in your apartment...you have my blessing!

Hey, the scramble's part of what makes me fun!

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker