]]>

« Home | I'm feeling kind of dorky today. » | Oh, and speaking of jobs . . . » | W-4's and Personnel Policy Manuals » | Three new things I like: » | This post was going to be about how much I hate fl... » | Back home again. » | A mystery. » | The library can be a dangerous place. » | Back at the Libs » | A little bit of productivity. »

Thursday, March 24, 2005

It's been a busy day.

I woke up around 7:30 this morning, less than five hours after I finally gave up on finishing my Torts reading and decided to cancel my 8:10 doctor's appointment. Getting up, getting ready and walking to the NYU Health Center just wasn't going to happen. So I snoozed for a while and half-heartedly read more Torts.

After class, I decided to go listen to Congressman Anthony Weiner talk about New York's budget problems. More and more, I'm getting interested in NYC politics, if only because it's so completely different than anything I've ever witnessed/experienced. Politicians are different here (Rep. Weiner is a good speaker, but I think South Dakotans would call him "flashy") and I know absolutely nothing about the city's big issues. Amazingly enough, funding for rural hospitals and schools and farm subsidies don't appear to be that important in the NYC mayoral race. Real estate is important . . . and baffling.

Admin was pretty fun and after, a few classmates and I went out for coffee with our professor. Actually, all us students ordered food once she said it was allowed, so it kind of turned into dinner. Hey, we're poor. I haven't had much to ask her about outside of class, so I enjoyed the opportunity to talk with her a little about my ongoing interest in administrative law. Now, she won't be surprised when I show up at her office asking for schedule advice later in the semester. Also, it's always nice to find someone who's eyes don't glaze over at the mention of the Federal Register or C-SPAN. Even within the legal profession, it seems that administrative law's not too popular.

And now, I'm ending the day back where I started: Torts. We've got a make-up class tomorrow afternoon and I've yet to start the reading. Poor planning? Yes, but there was a new O.C. tonight. A girl's gotta have priorities.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker