]]>

« Home | Three new things I like: » | This post was going to be about how much I hate fl... » | Back home again. » | A mystery. » | The library can be a dangerous place. » | Back at the Libs » | A little bit of productivity. » | So, you like being home, then? » | Ah, Spring Fling » | I changed my desktop picture in honor of Spring Br... »

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

W-4's and Personnel Policy Manuals

I guess my summer job is now official: I got a binder full of employment forms to fill out today. It also has a Personnel Policy Manual inside, which would be interesting if I was a regular employee and not a temporary one. No sick leave or paid holidays for me! Oh well, they are paying me. Right now, that's a good thing because it means I can ignore all of emails and mandatory meetings about NYU summer funding for unpaid public interest jobs. It really is great that they provide funding for everyone who needs it, but there are a lot of strings attached and I'm glad I don't have to deal with them.

I'm trying very hard to have a productive evening, but all sorts of things have been distracting me. A book that I ordered online arrived yesterday. I need to buy new shoes. My room is messy. And, Nicole's Blog has all sorts of new pictures on it (if you look around, you might just find a few featuring me).

Also, I've sort of been sick for the last week. Not super-sick, but sick enough that I felt justified in sleeping a lot and not doing too much work. I've almost entirely recovered (all that remains is a slightly sore throat and a cough) but I still keep thinking "I'm sick, I don't have to study." Oh, look at that, an email with out finals schedule. Well, that's lovely. Maybe I'm not sick at all. Outlines, here I come!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker