]]>

« Home | Oh, I live in New York. » | I was a high school debater. » | Not what I expected to think about today. » | It's easy to like New York when the weather's nice. » | Miscellany » | My floor is clean the cleaning men are my new best... » | Too much stuff. » | Friday Night. Woo. » | In the middle. » | I think this is fascinating. »

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Muddled.

I don't really drink coffee, but lately, I've enjoyed the occasional cup. Last night, after watching Law Revue, I though it was a good idea to get nice big cuppa coffee before finishing my ICWA brief. I should've known better, I couldn't fall asleep until 5:30. And the, I woke at 9:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Needless to say, I'm not at peak peformance levels right now.

Despite my muddled state, I've been pretty productive. ICWA's done and all my outlines are started. I managed to squeeze in a little fun this weekend, too: Law Revue, a little shopping, a couple meals with friends, reading in the sun in the park, and a few catch-up phone calls with the new cell phone.

And now, online "book club" with my college friends. For no particular reason, I've been missing the comfort of old friends a little extra this week. Actually, now that I think about it, the reason was the missing cell phone. I'm so used to picking up my phone anytime I have something particularly interesting to share and I felt alarmingly disconnected without it.

I'm headed to DC tomorrow and am more excited about this lobbying trip than I expected to be. I've heard the cherry blossoms are in full bloom and we're staying at a hotel in my old 'hood. It'll be great to have a little taste of "home" and see some friends along the way.

Oh, and speaking of home, Black Diamond Burrito has a lovely post about growing up in a small town, getting along with her parents, and driving legally at the age of 14. Her South Dakota experience was a bit more rural and sporty than my own, but are there are more similarities than differences. Check it out.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker