]]>

« Home | South Dakota: Sigh. » | Nebraska: Hello, frizzy hair. » | Kansas: The Amish sure know how to make a pie. » | Oklahoma: Well, it's nice to be in a plains state. » | Texas: Hello, allergies. » | New Mexico: I'm enchanted. » | Arizona: Not what I expected. » | California: Huge. » | Wedding Crashers: Love it. » | Happy Anniversary! »

Thursday, August 18, 2005

There really is no place like home.

Often, when my brother and I are home, my parents let us make food requests. When I was in college, I'd always ask my mom to make lasagna. This past weekend, my brother asked my dad to grill steaks and my mom to make mashed potatos. Earlier this week, I requested caramel corn. Today, my dad complied with the request.

If there's a heaven, I firmly believe it smells similar to our house right now. And, there are mountains of my dad's caramel corn for everyone to enjoy.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.ust


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Obviously, if New Belgium had been an option, it would've been on the table. Unfortunately, all my parents had in stock was a bottle of cabernet, some whisky, and a few bottles of Coors Light. I think I made the right choice.

You are so midwestern. i love it.

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker