]]>

« Home | I was supposed to do homework last night. » | It's official, I'm insane. » | Awesome. » | That's enough rain. » | West Village discoveries » | Rainy Saturday » | Word of the Day » | I like this. » | In a rut. » | Growing up is hard to do. »

Sunday, October 23, 2005

I'm not a good singer.

My acceptance of that sad fact means that I very rarely sing near, let alone in front of, other people. Unfortnately, I love singing along with my favorite songs. In fact, one of the things I miss most about my car is its provision of a safe space for my obnoxious vocals.

This weekend, however, my roommate is out of town which means my apartment has been transformed into just such a safe space. On top of that, I'm forcing myself to stay up until I have a significant chunck of the first draft of my note written. Oh, and I've been drinking Diet Dr. Pepper straight from the 1.5 liter bottle, so I'm more than a little caffeinated. Needless to say, the vocal stylings at my place tonight are nothing short of spectacular (me + Lucinda Williams = dynamic duo).

In related news, my new favorite first line of a song is this:

I’m going down the highway
with a suitcase full of all my bad ideas,
going to check them out, see what
I have been missing all these years*

Doesn't it just make you want to hit the road?


* From "Bad Ideas" by the bluegrass band, Nathan.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker