]]>

« Home | Hallelujah » | One more time. » | Aww, San Diego » | "South Dakota by the Sea" » | When law firms ask me if I like law school, I tell... » | Restless » | Along with the doubts about law firm life, » | This is only the second weekend I've spent in New ... » | Darn it, this is going to be harder than I thought. » | Here, there, and everywhere. »

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Growing up is hard to do.

Two of my friends from college were in town this weekend. They're both a year younger than me and I hadn't see either of them since their college graduation a couple of years ago. It was fun to see them and to hear about their lives and plans. I got to know both women when I was in charge of my college's student activities board and seeing them brought back a lot of memories.

Mostly though, seeing them made me think about how little I now resemble the college senior version of myself. Little things, like my appearance and musical tastes, have changed, but I'm really alarmed by the big things that have changed. My career ambitions, personal goals, and religious convictions have evolved and morphed in ways I wouldn't have expected at the age of 22. It's only been three years, but the changes have been significant. The scariest part is that I'm making decisions that will probably affect the shape of my life for the next five to ten years. I hope the 28-year-old version of me has more confidence in me than I currently have in my 22-year-old self.

Okay, that was a silly sentence. What I'm trying to say is that, in a lot of ways, I was clueless in college and I'm not particularly pleased about the prospect about looking back on law school with the same feeling.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker