]]>

« Home | "South Dakota by the Sea" » | When law firms ask me if I like law school, I tell... » | Restless » | Along with the doubts about law firm life, » | This is only the second weekend I've spent in New ... » | Darn it, this is going to be harder than I thought. » | Here, there, and everywhere. » | Um, I like L.A. way more than I thought I did. » | I had been planning to post about how busy the upc... » | Boston: Charming. »

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Aww, San Diego

I really like San Diego. I really liked this summer when I first visited and I like it even more now. I lucked out this weekend; when I called my great-aunt to tell her I'd be in town, she informed me that one of my countless second-cousins would be getting married at her San Diego home on Saturday. Accordingly, several of my midwestern relatives were hanging out in the other SD for the weekend.

After a pretty great callback interview on Friday, I headed north a few miles to meet up with the family. Most of the relatives in town were my grandfather's siblings. Some of them, I hadn't seen since my high school graduation. Now, I love all my family members, but I don't exactly love spending time with all of them. This part of my family, however, I'm always glad to see. They're quirky and funny and irrepressibly kind. I've been feeling somewhat anchorless for the last month, so it was great to spend time with people who embody all the things I love and miss about home.

Oh, and the wedding was beautiful. It was a smallish, backyard ceremony and was followed by a lovely candle-lit dinner at dusk. And for those of you who care about such things, the bride and groom chose "Better Together" by Jack Johnson for their first dance.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Hey, how long has your blog looked like this? it looks good. And how is it that the comments are like this? Who hosts them? they look great too. Jeez. I'm so out of touch. Damn you bloglines.

It's only been this way for about a week (see the post entitled, "Restless"). I found the template here: http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com

Um, I don't know anything about comment hosting, this is just how things worked when I plugged in the template html.

It was a relatively easy swap, although if you look carefully, you may discover a few glitches.

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker