]]>

« Home | Here, there, and everywhere. » | Um, I like L.A. way more than I thought I did. » | I had been planning to post about how busy the upc... » | Boston: Charming. » | I'm unpacked and more importantly, the interviews ... » | And then there are times when I look around and th... » | And so it continues. » | And so it begins. » | There really is no place like home. » | South Dakota: Sigh. »

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Darn it, this is going to be harder than I thought.

So, I've now had three callback interviews and I really liked two of the firms. I think I have a good shot at getting offers from both and I think there's a reasonable chance that I'll also like at least one of the three or four additional firms that I'll be interviewing with. It's so easy to forget that the toughest decisions are often the ones where all the options look good. I guess I should stop worrying though, the only firm that's given me a decision (I got the job offer) is the one that reminded me of a cult.

In related news, the combination of too much travel, too much talking, and too little sleep has taken its toll. I'm falling apart. My voice is raspy, at best and I'm constantly in need of a nap. I have an earache and my throat is sore. I can usually get by on just a few hours of sleep, but I'm planning to spend as much of Friday snuggled up beneath my new duvet.

Oh, and I should say that the trip to DC went well. In addition to a surprisingly pleasant callback, I also had fun with friends. I met up with a group at a bar right after arriving in DC Tuesday night. The bar is one of the more popular ones on the Hill and it was weird to see so many familiar faces. DC really is a small town (or maybe, more specifically, the political world of DC is a small town). I love it, but I'm not entirely sure I want to return to it just yet. It seems, that this question of "Where do I want to be?" isn't going to resolve itself anytime soon. Shit.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker