]]>

« Home | And then there are times when I look around and th... » | And so it continues. » | And so it begins. » | There really is no place like home. » | South Dakota: Sigh. » | Nebraska: Hello, frizzy hair. » | Kansas: The Amish sure know how to make a pie. » | Oklahoma: Well, it's nice to be in a plains state. » | Texas: Hello, allergies. » | New Mexico: I'm enchanted. »

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I'm unpacked and more importantly, the interviews are over.

Well, kind of. There are, of course, callbacks to contend with, but for this weekend, I pretended all of that was in the very distant future. Friday at 5:30pm, I finished my 33rd interview of the week and was thrilled. I should've gone to sleep right then, but instead I went to dinner with a firm I like a lot (no official callback yet, but I'm hopeful), saw a movie (The 40 Year Old Virgin: very funny), and made a quick and unsucessful trip to a club in the meatpacking district. I literally fell into bed around 3am and groggily pulled myself out of bed around noon. Since then, my roommate and I have managed to clean most of our apartment, I've unpacked all of my clothes, and I switched my fall classes around a bit (no more Patent Law).

I feel like I should write something about my impressions of Early Interview Week, but it's still too much to process. So far, I'm happy with my callbacks. Since I applied to almost all DC and Southern California firms (both known for frequently taking awhile to issue the callbacks), I also have reason to hope for a few more.

Last night, my roommate mentioned that she had the new Harry Potter book. I started it around midnight and finished it sometime this afternoon with about five hours of sleep in the middle. Yes, I'm a dork and yes, I did have other things that I should've been doing. Oh well, it was good -- not my favorite of the series, but good. And now, I'm not doing much at all. It's probably the last time that'll happen for a while, so I'm enjoying it.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker