]]>

« Home | Restless » | Along with the doubts about law firm life, » | This is only the second weekend I've spent in New ... » | Darn it, this is going to be harder than I thought. » | Here, there, and everywhere. » | Um, I like L.A. way more than I thought I did. » | I had been planning to post about how busy the upc... » | Boston: Charming. » | I'm unpacked and more importantly, the interviews ... » | And then there are times when I look around and th... »

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

When law firms ask me if I like law school, I tell them the truth.

I love NYU; it's a great school, filled with great people, in a great city with great opportunities. I'm happy here and I didn't expect to be all that happy during law school. Tonight, I felt even better about the school that I usually do. The law school hosted a "gala" this evening to announce their capital campaign and I somehow got an invite. Even more than the swanky-swank setting, the sales pitch that the school has designed made me night. They highlighted everything I love about the school; the things I sensed as prospective student that eventually led me to enroll. They talked about NYU's status as a law school that relies on hard work rather than pedigree and tradition. They highlighted its history of educating people from diverse and often less than prestigious backgrounds. They showcased the school's role as an "international law school." And, they celebrated NYU's committment to public service.

NYU's not perfect and there are days when it annoys and frustrates me, but I'm really lucky to be here. After weeks of thinking about the future, it was really great to have an evening focused on feeling good about where I am.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker