]]>

« Home | In a rut. » | Growing up is hard to do. » | Hallelujah » | One more time. » | Aww, San Diego » | "South Dakota by the Sea" » | When law firms ask me if I like law school, I tell... » | Restless » | Along with the doubts about law firm life, » | This is only the second weekend I've spent in New ... »

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I like this.

I was reminded of this passage from Me Talk Pretty One Day a few weeks ago. I was enjoying the view while taking a cab into the city from LaGuardia and thought to myself that David Sedaris's description of the Manhattan skyline was spot on. Anyway, the new banner over at Neo Tokyo Times reminded me of it again today. Here it is:

". . . and then eventually, the New York skyline would appear on the horizon and we'd all stop talking. If you happen to live there, it's always refreshing to view Manhattan from afar. Up close the city constitutes an oppressive series of staircases, but from a distance it inspires fantasies of wealth and power so profound that even our communists are temporarily rendered speechless."


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker