]]>

« Home | West Village discoveries » | Rainy Saturday » | Word of the Day » | I like this. » | In a rut. » | Growing up is hard to do. » | Hallelujah » | One more time. » | Aww, San Diego » | "South Dakota by the Sea" »

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

That's enough rain.

I awoke early this morning to the sound of fat raindrops hitting my windows. I went back to sleep hopeful that the rain would subside by the time I need to leave for class. Alas, by the time I stepped outside, the rain had turned into a downpour and the wind had picked up. My jacket and umbrella protected the upper half of my body, but I arrived at class with soaked jeans and shoes that made that icky squelchy noise every time I took a step.

That, however, was the least of my problems. I took out my laptop and discovered that my beloved North Face bookbag is not waterproof. My laptop wouldn't turn on. I stayed in class for an hour, feebly inspecting my computer as if I would suddenly discover a magic button that would allow me to access my corporations notes. After class, I headed to the computer store where they told me to let the computer dry for a few more hours before bringing it in for repairs. They also warned me that if I did bring it in, they wouldn't be able to look at it for two weeks. Thanks customer service!

Thankfully, my computer is now dry and running. In retrospect, I think it might be a bad sign that I was more worried about the possibility of losing my itunes collection than I was about losing class notes.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker