]]>

« Home | On Broadway » | Tourists » | Well, color me surprised. » | I'm so tired I think I might go blind. » | Stranded. » | Help me out. » | On the move. » | A certain kind of homesick. » | I'm pretty sure » | Prepare yourself. »

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Even more shocking than my Broadway virginity.

I did my taxes tonight and I qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit. If you're unfamiliar with it, the IRS describes it as "a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families." Apparently, once you're 25 years old, the IRS doesn't care if you're a full-time student. So, despite the fact that Citibank gave me most of the money I lived on during 2005, the IRS only cares about the money I made at my summer job (which, while generous for a non-profit organization, was not all that lucrative).

There's something about this system that just seems wrong. Mainly, that I'm not poor. I whine about being broke, but let's face it, my budget provides sufficient plane tickets, jeans, and pad thai (the essentials of life). It doesn't appear there's a way for me to turn it down on my e-filing program (not that I necessarily would if there was a way), so I guess Spring Break will be extra fun.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker