]]>

« Home | Grups. » | Bacon: Food of Joy » | The Week in Review » | My work here might be done. » | Read this book. » | I'm a fan of hyperbole. » | You'd think this had never happened before. » | Word of the Day » | On South Dakota » | Hello from Worcester. »

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Just a few minutes from delirious.

I stayed up late last night, partly because I was trying to finally finish a draft of my note and partly because I drank more Diet Dr. Pepper than anyone ever should in one sitting. Staying up late wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't volunteered to play in a softball tournament today. By 9am, I was headed to the first game.

The games were actually a lot of fun. I haven't played any softball in two years or so and since I'm generally pretty clumsy and un-athletic, it was nice to remember that there's at least one sport where I don't usually embarass myself. The games ended around 3:30 (we won!) and after a getting some food I headed back to my apartment. I then putzed and watched tv for at least four hours.

What all that means is that it's now almost 1am and I'm still working on this damn note. I've got a couple more pages to write before I can go to sleep and once again I'm running almost solely on Diet Dr. Pepper. The good news is that I can sleep in tomorrow morning. The bad news is that I'm not sure how reliable any legal analysis is that's written by someone who's awake only because of diet pop and iTunes (Bedouin Soundclash saw me through the last hour and I'm currently relying on Arcade Fire).


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker