]]>

« Home | Not enough time. » | 3L! » | A little older, a little smarter. » | Probably a bad idea. » | Oh no. » | No fun. » | Just a few minutes from delirious. » | Grups. » | Bacon: Food of Joy » | The Week in Review »

Friday, May 12, 2006

South Dakota: Some people would tell you there are prettier states, but they would be wrong.

My road trip to California started early yesterday morning. I first drove through eastern SoDak, stopping briefly in Sioux Falls to have coffee with a friend and say hi to some of my professors at Augie. I took I-29 all the way from Watertown to the Iowa border and enjoyed all of it. Eastern SoDak is mostly farmland (as opposed to ranch land in the west) and in the spring that means green and gold fields coupled with bright blue skies; all perfect for a morning drive. The pictures below are in reverse order of when I took them (only because it's late and I'm too tired to fix it).




The Beresford exit: Did you know Beresford has a Burger King?



Ole the Viking (at Augustana).



One of the views from my favorite I-29 rest stop, 20 miles south of Watertown.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker