]]>

« Home | Three years, and this city continues to charm me. » | Not what I intended. » | An international post, just because I can. » | The Blue Team » | Long time . . . and all that jazz. » | Soooo happy » | Good news. » | Summer's almost over » | Gentlemen of Washington, I'd like to introduce you... » | The more things change . . . »

Monday, April 02, 2007

Softball + boys + beer = bruises

UVA held its annual law school softball tournament this past weekend I played on one of NYU's teams. I wanted to go both of the past two years, but couldn't make it work until this year. And before I tell you the story of my massive bruise, let me just say that the tournament is fantastic. Tons of softball, tons of beer, tons of fun.

So, my bruise. Actually, the story's not all that interesting. I pitched this weekend and my first batter of the tournament hit a low, sharp line drive into my side. It hurt at the time, but I kept playing and assumed the sharp stinging would eventually subside into a dull ache. It did and I didn't think much more about it. Until that night. While changing my clothes, I discovered the hit had left me with an awesome bruise right above my hip. Perfectly round, exactly the size of a softball, and dark, dark purple. I'm so proud of it.

Also, I'm grateful. An inch lower and the line drive would've hit my hip bone. I also heard about a pitcher who took a line drive to his hand and broke several bones. Not to mention the other NYU student who had to get sticthes in his forehead.

So, in recap: great weekend, awesome bruise.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker