]]>

« Home | Hmm . . . not sure what to make of this. » | I'm a runner! » | I shouldn't be allowed in law school. » | I applied to my first law firm today. » | Check it out. » | Did you hear that? » | Dinner and mail » | Wired for Chaos » | Dried apricots suck. » | I'm feeling nostalgic -- bear with me. »

Sunday, January 16, 2005

What a lazy day.

One of my friends brought me a burrito from this great burrito place in her hometown when she came to visit last week. I stuck it in my freezer and kind of forgot about it. Now I have a huge frozen brick o' burrito. Seriously, the most challenging thing of my day (including researching a memo assignment) has been figuring out how to properly defrost it. Since I have no other food in my apartment, I can't even give up on it. Grrr. That burrito will be defrosted and eaten this evening.

Other than that, I've spent my day sleeping late, absent-mindedly researching in the library, and chatting online (it's bookclub day!). Because of bookclub, my afternoon's been one big discussion of two-stepping to hip hop, manwhores, master bedrooms, baskeball courts, and high school boyfriends. You know, standard fare for a bookclub that rarely reads books. Next meeting we're getting back on track though; Peace Like a River by Leif Enger is now officially on the schedule.

So, it's time to either take a nap or go running. Uh . . . naptime.

UPDATE: The burrito is almost fully-defrosted and entirely delicious.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

This burrito came from the west coast, yes? If so, was it frozen when it was in transit? As my mother's daughter, I consider it a duty to be concerned for you on a microbiological level. : )

Here's Hans Brix's explanation of the delivery (which would've destroyed my not-so-well-maintained anonymity): "As the purchaser and transporter of said burrito, I feel qualified to answer. I bought it in California and put it in the freezer immediately. I took it out and tupper-wared it, brought it to the airport where the burrito and I got on a direct flight to New York. It was still frozen solid when I got to New York. I promptly put it in my sister's freezer when I got to her apartment, and delivered it the next day."

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker