]]>

« Home | The morning's conversation with the guy at my apar... » | Three-day weekend and not a lot of homework. » | Okay, I think I'm going to stop now. » | Thinking of home and other stuff. » | This morning's bloody mary was a necessity. » | Ew. » | There's a reason I try not to turn on my TV. » | I miss being on a team. » | A lovely Valentine's Day despite having no Valentine. » | Try to avoid jobs that require a description of yo... »

Thursday, February 24, 2005

No more interviews!

I've got a summer job! In California! Yay!

So yeah, I accepted a summer job in Oakland yesterday. I think I'm going to live in Berkeley. I'm pretty excited right now. I've been jazzed about this job since I first read the description and everyone that I interviewed with was friendly and funny. Plus, one my good friends from college works there. It's shaping up to be a fun summer.

I also get to explore California (and, I promise I won't start calling it "Cali" -- I find that inexplicably obnoxious). I drove through much of northern California last summer and saw lots of places where I wished then that I could spend more time. I have no experience with the southern part of the state, but I'm hoping that I can drive down there at the end of the summer before heading back to SoDak.

In unrelated news, yesterday was also the day of my mediation for my Lawyering class. For the past couple of weeks, we've been working with a client (who's really an actress) on a housing discrimination complaint. The mediation went really well. The weirdest part was at the end when the clients/actresses snapped out of character and became real people. Also, our mediator was not only a lawyer, but also an actress and football player. It turns out she had taken an acting class with one of the clients. I love 'it's a small world" coincidences.

The mediator also offered to go out to lunch and have "career talks" with me and my teammates. I might take her up on it if only because I've always wanted to have multiple careers and her lawyer/actress/athlete experience makes me think she might have some helpful advice.

Oh, I also, against my better judgment, tried the new Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. Guh-ross.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Ew, I gave in to the diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper calling during finals. I think it was the cute pink color that hooked me. I was gagging for the rest of the day. Sonic is where it's at for any kind of flavored Dr. Pepper concoction.

Mmm . . . Sonic. I could really use some Diet Cherry Limeade right now. Who would've thought I'd ever get sentimental about that horrible weekend in Virginia Beach?

P.S. No hard feelings about dissing the Lone Star State (especially if I can visit in Berkley and we can spend an evening at the bar at Cesar).

P.P.S. I was inspired to head immediately to Sonic after posting. I had a most refreshing Diet Sugar-Free Cherry Vanilla Coke.

Of course you can visit and I'm generally up for anything involving the word "bar". Also, I wouldn't have "dissed" Tejas if they, like the place in Oakland, had been willing to pay me.

When you come to visit, you'll be bringing a jug of that limeade, right?

Threw out Sonic? That's blasphemous!

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker