]]>

« Home | What do you do with a bowl of pennies? » | I don't know what to say about last night. » | My day so far. » | My last hours as a 1L. » | Yawn. » | One more day of studying. » | Wanderlust, etc. » | Chugging along. » | And, in my delirious state, the first footnote of ... » | I'm riding the caffeine wave. »

Sunday, May 15, 2005

"When the day goes down on Watertown . . ."

Well, I'm assuming this is the first and last time I'll quote Bruce Hornsby lyrics for a post's title. When I was much younger, I convinced myself that song was about my Watertown and it was running through my head last night as I went for walk near home. This is what it looks like when the sun goes down on my part of town:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now compare that to the sun going down on NYC a couple of days ago. There's just no competition:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I love being home. Each summer for the past four years, I've spent a week or two at home before starting various adventures. Each time, a little part of me has wished that I was sticking around. Watertown boasts Kampeska Days (at scenic, but not so clean Lake Kampeska) and the small towns in the area contribute to the summer fun with their own festivals. For example, Clark has Potato Days and Clear Lake hosts its annual Dog Days of Summer featuring a main street lined with business owner giving out mountains of free hot dogs. Okay, okay, my summer plans are probably more exciting that all that, but it's good for me to remember that South Dakota really is a fun place when you know where to look.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker