]]>

« Home | I've got plans to go hiking near Point Reyes tomor... » | Pizza and pocketwatches » | And this is the part of the show where I complain ... » | The palm trees still kind of weird me out, but » | Done and done. » | Watch this space. » | I've been thinking about voice. » | San Bernardino County is huge. » | Work and pleasure reading » | Oh yeah, here's a few more road trip pictures. »

Monday, June 20, 2005

My action-packed weekend: a rundown with lots of links.

Friday night was pretty low-key. A brewery happy hour, shopping for picture frames, and beer and burgers at a fun bar in Oakland filled up most of my post-work hours. Saturday morning, my roommates and I headed north to Muir Woods. We only had a few hours to work with, so we limited the hiking to some of the easier paths. After leaving, we stopped at Marin Headlands to take some cool pictures of the city and the Golden Gate. We then made a quick stop at home before making our way to the Oakland Zoo to serve up Drake’s Beer at the Walk on the Wild fundraiser. Turns out, my roommates are friends with the Drake’s brewmaster, who, for some unknown reason, saw fit to entrust us with four taps of really good beer for a few hours. We spent or off-duty time wandering the zoo and sampling the free food. The event was made all the better by the fact that Drake’s is excellent beer and when you’re handing it out for free, people generally want to be your best friend.

Sunday morning, I awoke to a home-cooked breakfast (seriously, these roommates are awesome) and then BARTed into the city. We stopped at the North Beach Festival, climbed up to Coit Tower, hunted down the famous wild parrots, and shopped in Union Square. By the end of the day, my face had that “I’ve been in the sun too long feeling,” which I love. The weekend ended with a viewing of 50 First Dates, which is really much funnier than I expected.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker