]]>

« Home | Work and pleasure reading » | Oh yeah, here's a few more road trip pictures. » | Geez, I'd forgotten how great weekends can be. » | And this fits in well with my last post. » | I might need to get one of these. » | A little bit exhausted. » | Here then, at home . . . » | Whew. » | Road Trip Dispatch #4: I'm here! » | Road Trip Dispatch #3: Californiaaaaaaaaa! »

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

San Bernardino County is huge.

I finally got a California counties map for my desk. It's a necessity; I keep sitting in on these statewide conference calls and I have no idea where the other people are. So, I'm learning California geography county-by-county and town-by-town (counties learned yesterday: Stanislaus and Yolo; towns: Willits, Escondido, and Oxnard). I think I've got a pretty good grasp on the Bay Area counties and Southern CA is easy since it looks like the mapmakers just got bored down there and started blocking off big chunks of the state and making them into counties.

Last summer, The Head Kid and I started a project photographing county courthouses throughout South Dakota. We didn't get all that far on the project, but it was still a fun way to learn about the state. I don't think I'm going to use the same approach in California, but I am using the county map to keep track of where I've been. So far, I think I've visited 20 of the 58 counties in California (a lot of those are some of the smallest counties). I've got a lot to do this summer.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Heh. You said "nard."

I'm not even sure I know why that's funny.

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker