]]>

« Home | I might need to get one of these. » | A little bit exhausted. » | Here then, at home . . . » | Whew. » | Road Trip Dispatch #4: I'm here! » | Road Trip Dispatch #3: Californiaaaaaaaaa! » | Road Trip Dispatch #2: Good company, good food. » | Roadtrip Dispatch #1: Montana's Big. » | A list of things that have very little in common w... » | "When the day goes down on Watertown . . ." »

Friday, June 03, 2005

And this fits in well with my last post.

South Dakota Magazine's blog often lists features lists of upcoming SoDak attractions and travel tips. Recently, they've been featuring little known restaurants, shops, and other activities throughout the state. This post highlights some of the best places to go when you're looking for solitude and it's got some good recommendations.

The Glacial Lakes is my favorite suggestion on the list because, well, that's where I'm from. They're right about the Indian legends that accompany most of those lakes. I'm not sure if any of them are true, but they were always fun to hear. Stony Point at Lake Kampeska (just a few short miles from my house) has a legend involving a contest among warriors, a stranded princess (Is the daughter of a Chief called a "princess?" Probably not, but you get the idea.), and a daring rescue. Good stuff for a summer night at the lake.

Neither of these is Stony Point, but they're all I've got of Lake Kampeska.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker