]]>

« Home | Here then, at home . . . » | Whew. » | Road Trip Dispatch #4: I'm here! » | Road Trip Dispatch #3: Californiaaaaaaaaa! » | Road Trip Dispatch #2: Good company, good food. » | Roadtrip Dispatch #1: Montana's Big. » | A list of things that have very little in common w... » | "When the day goes down on Watertown . . ." » | What do you do with a bowl of pennies? » | I don't know what to say about last night. »

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A little bit exhausted.

Until this past weekend, I felt like I hadn't taken a deep breath since the beginning of April. Between finals, oral arguments, and making summer arrangements, the last month and a half of school was a blur. I finished my last final on May 11 and since then, haven't stayed in the same place for more than a few days.

Logically, I should've stayed in Berkeley this past weekend. After weeks of traveling, a two-day trip to South Dakota seemed a little silly. Luckily, I ignored logic and went home anyway. The trip was great and I relaxed for the first time in a long time. The Head Kid has a nice post about what made it a good weekend and I don't have much to add to it.

Now, I'm in California for good. Well, least for a while. And, even though I'm happy to be settled for the next couple months, I'm looking forward also to doing some exploring that doesn't involve airfare or cross-country drives. This weekend I think I'll try to see some the parts of San Francisco that I missed during my trip out here last year. On Sunday, I'm heading up to Sacramento to run a 10K. Luckily, they only time the first 200 finishers, so I won't have to know just how slow I've become.

The rest of my weekends are up for grabs. I've got a good list of places I can see with just a day trip and a shorter list of places that will require an entire weekend. Also, since first deciding to spend the summer out here, I've discovered that I have quite a bit of extended family out here (mostly in southern CA and Sacramento). Their presence might influence some of my weekend choices.

The bad news about Berkeley is that I don't have internet access at home. I'm hoping to find some free wireless nearby, but haven't had much luck so far. If I find it, pictures and more frequent posts will follow.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker