]]>

« Home | Roadtrip Dispatch #1: Montana's Big. » | A list of things that have very little in common w... » | "When the day goes down on Watertown . . ." » | What do you do with a bowl of pennies? » | I don't know what to say about last night. » | My day so far. » | My last hours as a 1L. » | Yawn. » | One more day of studying. » | Wanderlust, etc. »

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Road Trip Dispatch #2: Good company, good food.

I'm in Hood River, OR, a town I visited for a few days last summer and am fond of. One of my best friends from high school moved here a few years ago and I had a great dinner with her this evening. She, like a lot of my friends it seems, will be moving this summer. It was fun to hear about her successes and comforting to find out that we've got some similar concerns about our respective futures.

The drive today was fine. Very pretty in parts and kind of icky in other parts (southeastern Washington). My mom and I made a quick stop in Missoula, MT and just like last summer, I was reluctant to leave. That town and the surrounding area just feel good. Maybe someday I'll be able to spend some real time there.

I get to California tomorrow, Berkeley on Monday and start my job on Tuesday. I haven't even started to think about the job thing yet. Just getting to my new apartment and finishing these silly law review/journal personal statements is taking up most of my attention.

That's the super-quick report. My computer's almost dead and I need to report back to the hotel where my mom and I are sleeping tonight.

Happy trails!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker