]]>

« Home | Santa Cruz: I'm a fan. » | A short list of things I want to learn: » | All around the world without ever leaving home. » | This was kind of my last weekend in Berkeley. » | Feelin' like a kid again. » | My dad told me about this and it's rare that I'm i... » | Work's been going well. » | I even got to see some fireworks. » | Southern California: I'm a fan. » | San Diego's got it's work cut out for it. »

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The end of the summer's looking just like the beginning.

As in, I have too much to do and not enough time in which to finish it. Between finishing my writing obligations for work, visiting family, meeting up with friends who are in town, getting ready for school (and EIW), driving back to SoDak with my mom, and moving back to New York, the next few weeks are booked. Unfortunately, all I really want to do is read books.*

I'm excited to read the new Harry Potter, but I've had to vow to myself (and others) that I won't purchase it until next Wednesday, immediately prior to my flight to DC. A couple of nights ago at Target, I actually picked it up and carried it to the cash register before my willpower kicked in and I set it down.

The work project is going well: I feel like I've finally hit my stride and know enough about the topic to make some moderately insightful contributions. For the next two weeks, I've promised to "go crazy" with the writing. I need to have working drafts of all my sections complete before I leave. It's not that I don't think I have enough time, it's more that I still don't really know how
to write a law review article. Oh well.


* Slouching Toward Bethlehem by Joan Didion is great California-y reading. Also, the last essay, "Goodbye to All That" is just fantastic. Iron and Silk by Mark Salzman is a surprisingly funny (and heartwarming, actually) collection of stories about two years that the author spent teaching English in China. The last book I read about an American in China was kind of grim; this one provides a nice contrast.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker