]]>

« Home | San Diego's got it's work cut out for it. » | I love a bargain. » | I think I'm finally done messing with my fall sche... » | My weekends keep turning out to be the busiest par... » | I'll tell you another thing I like about California: » | I went to IKEA last night » | Berkeley's on my shitlist.* » | A few of days ago, » | So, I decided to be a bit academic last night » | My action-packed weekend: a rundown with lots of l... »

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Southern California: I'm a fan.

I think something happens to Midwesterners when we visit sunny beaches that allows us to forget all the things that are beautiful about the middle of the country. Somehow, the minute our bare feet touch warm sand, all we can remember about home is the bleakness of frigid, grey winters. Memories of warm summer evenings and fresh spring days are wiped out as we squint through the bright sunlight and breathe in tangy salt air. It's no wonder so many Midwesterns stay. It's no wonder I'll probably be back in Southern California next summer.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker