]]>

« Home | Berkeley's on my shitlist.* » | A few of days ago, » | So, I decided to be a bit academic last night » | My action-packed weekend: a rundown with lots of l... » | I've got plans to go hiking near Point Reyes tomor... » | Pizza and pocketwatches » | And this is the part of the show where I complain ... » | The palm trees still kind of weird me out, but » | Done and done. » | Watch this space. »

Friday, June 24, 2005

I went to IKEA last night

and was reminded just how much I want to find a place that I plan to live for more than a year or two. Since high school, I think I've moved 16 times (give or take a couple I might've forgotten). Except for a couple of months spent at my parents house, a summer spent sharing a house with nine other women, and six weeks of housesitting, I've lived in dorm rooms and apartments that entire time (well, one of the apartments was in a house, but I didn't have access to the whole place).

I want a house. More than that, I want to buy furniture. Real furniture. I've been living with industrial-design dorm room furnishings, cast-offs, and the occasional IKEA chair for way too long. I'm currently sleeping on a couch (I'll get a bedroom in about a week!). I know that this is the time of my life to travel, explore, and live in crappy places (and I enjoy doing all of that), but sometimes, a girl just wants matching end tables.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker