]]>

« Home | My action-packed weekend: a rundown with lots of l... » | I've got plans to go hiking near Point Reyes tomor... » | Pizza and pocketwatches » | And this is the part of the show where I complain ... » | The palm trees still kind of weird me out, but » | Done and done. » | Watch this space. » | I've been thinking about voice. » | San Bernardino County is huge. » | Work and pleasure reading »

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

So, I decided to be a bit academic last night

and attended a panel discussion at Boalt on the takings cases that were heard by the Supreme Court this spring. The panel featured two of the lawyers who argued the San Remo Hotel case (one from each side) and fortuitously, the decision was handed down yesterday, as well. The panel also featured a pretty hot shot professor and halfway through his presentation, I realized I'd quoted in him my property final. I was tempted to thank him after the discussion ended since that test went better than I'd expected, but I realized that would've been too dorky.

Anyway, takings are confusing, but fascinating. I was pleased to discover that my property professor provided (whoa alliteration) my section with a very good introduction to the topic and I was even happier when the overview of regulatory takings at the beginning basically followed, word-for-word, the flow chart my ad hoc study group had hammered out. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's reassuring to know that I learned something this year that might stick with me.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker