]]>

« Home | I'll tell you another thing I like about California: » | I went to IKEA last night » | Berkeley's on my shitlist.* » | A few of days ago, » | So, I decided to be a bit academic last night » | My action-packed weekend: a rundown with lots of l... » | I've got plans to go hiking near Point Reyes tomor... » | Pizza and pocketwatches » | And this is the part of the show where I complain ... » | The palm trees still kind of weird me out, but »

Monday, June 27, 2005

My weekends keep turning out to be the busiest part of my week.

Friday night, me and the roommates headed back to the brewery for happy hour. Happy hour was followed by a night of poker complete with unlimited free beer and a mountain of In & Out burgers. My poker playing skills have improved since the last time I played for money (at a seminary, natch). I didn't win, but I had a few impressive hands where I at least gave the impression of controlling the table. And, more importantly, one of the guys (a lawyer, even) told me he was scared of me (because of my agressive poker playing, not because of anything else). Heck, that alone was worth the cost of the buy-in.

I spent part of Saturday at one of the UC libraries working on a work assignment and Saturday evening, SeaAPea and I headed to the airport to pick up KVB (current number of people living in my apartment: 4; number of bedrooms in my apartment: 2). We drove up to Albany for a birthday party that ended up being a lot more fun than I'd expected and then returned home to get KVB settled in her "bedroom" (bedroom = air matress on the floor near the couch I've been sleeping on for the past five weeks).

Sunday morning we ate breakfast at Sconehenge in Berkeley. The english muffins alone were worth the trip. KVB and I BARTed into San Francisco to catch part of the Gay Pride parade after that. I'd been told nothing compares the San Francisco parade and it was definitely an eyeful. We only spent a few hours in the city before making our way back to the barbecue held at our house for the roommate who's moving back east this week. After the barbecue we introduced KVB to one of my favorite San Francisco foods, the It's-It.

So, another full weekend. I like having a busy life, but I'm really hoping that the San Diego trip includes a day of lounging on the beach. Not moving for a day sounds like the best thing ever.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker