]]>

« Home | I went to IKEA last night » | Berkeley's on my shitlist.* » | A few of days ago, » | So, I decided to be a bit academic last night » | My action-packed weekend: a rundown with lots of l... » | I've got plans to go hiking near Point Reyes tomor... » | Pizza and pocketwatches » | And this is the part of the show where I complain ... » | The palm trees still kind of weird me out, but » | Done and done. »

Monday, June 27, 2005

I'll tell you another thing I like about California:

I've got family here. They're extended family and granted, I don't know them all that well (because, well, they live in California), but they've been popping up all over the state this summer and they're also very welcoming. I've been getting lovely invites and my great-aunt and uncle are lending me and my friends their house in San Diego next weekend. On top of that, we've got a San Diego tour guide if we need one (a cousin) and directions to both of the bars another cousin owns. Not too shabby for the girl from South Dakota.

One of the the most difficult things about living in both DC and NYC has been that I have no family living anywhere near the East Coast. It turns out there's something very comforting about having real adult (as opposed to my twenty-something friends) relatives nearby. Anyway, I've got four and a half days until we hit the road. I expect The Thrills' "Deckchairs and Cigarettes" will be running through my head that entire time ("Let's go to San Diego. Hey that's where all the kids go...").


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker