]]>

« Home | I think I'm finally done messing with my fall sche... » | My weekends keep turning out to be the busiest par... » | I'll tell you another thing I like about California: » | I went to IKEA last night » | Berkeley's on my shitlist.* » | A few of days ago, » | So, I decided to be a bit academic last night » | My action-packed weekend: a rundown with lots of l... » | I've got plans to go hiking near Point Reyes tomor... » | Pizza and pocketwatches »

Thursday, June 30, 2005

I love a bargain.

I checked Moneyball out from the library a few days ago and was informed by the librarian that I should take advantage of Two-dollar Wednesdays at the Oakland Coliseum (actually, he called it Two-dollar Tuesdays, which created some initial confusion among those of us new to Oakland A's events). So, we went to the game last night, had some dollar dogs, and enjoyed what was a beautiful evening. Despite arriving a little late, we saw Nick Swisher's second inning home run (fun for me since I'd just read the part of Moneyball that describes his draft pick).

Anyway, here's our view of the game (courtesy of KVB's phone). Sure, we were far away, but the seats were two dollars.



As we walked from BART to the Coliseum's ticket line, I heard what became the question of the night from a man walking near us. He turned to his companion and said, "So, uh, what do you think of the Roman Colosseum?" He followed that up with what might be the best statement I've ever heard, "Yeah, their's sure is different than ours."


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

A couple of years ago, there used to be a 2-for-1 AAA discount to A's games -- I'm not sure if there still is. But we used to pay more for BART and garlic fries than we did to see the game.

I'll check it out -- there aren't any home games on Wednesdays for the next few weeks, so it'd be great to find a different discount.

We smelled those garlic fries, but didn't try them. That'll have to be part of the next game, too.

I just read Money Ball and then saw Prince Fielder's first career home run!

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker