]]>

« Home | Law prom: UPDATE » | Law prom » | I spent most of my night » | I'm not a good singer. » | I was supposed to do homework last night. » | It's official, I'm insane. » | Awesome. » | That's enough rain. » | West Village discoveries » | Rainy Saturday »

Thursday, November 03, 2005

The grindstone.

Since I returned from New Hampshire on Monday, I've been pretty immersed in the note I'm writing for my journal. It's been frustrating, but oddly fun. I like research generally and I love it when I care about the topic. So, writing the first draft of my note has been exhausting, but fine.

Monday night, I caught a little bit of the Halloween parade here in the Village this year. I'm glad I went, if only because it means I don't ever have to go again. The big skeletons and spiders and whatnot are amusing and creative but, the paradegoers, I could do without. The man standing on my left was sweating through his cow costume and face paint. The woman beside me was drunk and felt compelled to scream all the time. The man behind me was dressed in jeans and, um, his body hair. All in all, it was a group I was happy to leave. Oh, and I may not have mentioned it before, but I hate face paint. Loathe it. My dad used to become ill everytime he saw wallpaper paste. I never really understood his reaction until I discovered my aversion to face paint. Even the thought of it now, days later, makes me want to vomit.

Otherwise, things are good here in law school land. I'm very close to making my law firm choice official. I'm just waiting to get a few final questions answered, but I'm pretty sure I already know the answers. So, barring any surprises, I think I'm nearly done with the firm craziness for a while.

In a broader sense, however, I've been giving a lot of thought to my career generally. There are some political jobs that I thought I didn't want anymore, but now I'm just not sure. That's okay, though. I think it's good to have a small amount of angst in my life. Otherwise, things get to comfortable.

I haven't really had an urge to post on this blog for a while, so my posts keep getting more and more sporadic. I'll keep posting only because I like to have record of what's happening. I reread some of my posts from this summer and was relieved that I'd recorded what I did -- it's amazing how much I'm capable of forgetting.

Anyway, this post is rambly, I'm tired, and I've got a nice bit of reading to get through before I can sleep.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Nooooo!!! Don't post less, post more! I almost spewed my coffee thanks to your vivid descriptions. Thanks!

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker