]]>

« Home | This is amazing! » | Softball + boys + beer = bruises » | Three years, and this city continues to charm me. » | Not what I intended. » | An international post, just because I can. » | The Blue Team » | Long time . . . and all that jazz. » | Soooo happy » | Good news. » | Summer's almost over »

Friday, April 20, 2007

Sigh.

I went searching for a really old email this afternoon and ended up finding one that I'd sent to a few college friends after my first day at NYU describing the day in numbers. Here it is, in its entirety:

It only took a 90-minute drive with my parents, 3 and 1/2 hours in the air, 1 and 1/2 hours in the Chicago airport, and a harrowing 30-minute cab ride to get me to Greenwich Village. Along the way, I read about 160 new movies that will be released this fall (thank you Entertainment Magazine). I also browsed 1 SkyMall catalog and listened to 1 cd. I have now made 2 trips to K-Mart and 1 trip to CVS in order to outfit my room. I filled out 4 forms and 1 survey and had 1 picture taken in order to check in. I have attended 1 reception where I received 1 free meal. All in all, it's been a long, but fairly painless day. I have met 1 person who didn't give me a weird look when I said I'm from South Dakota. He said, "Oh really, my uncle is the track coach at O'Gorman in Sioux Falls."

I really can't believe it's almost over.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

eXTReMe Tracker