]]>

« Home | Feelin' the same way all over again. » | Merry Christmas » | The downside of conservation. » | Giddy. » | Things that made today awesome. » | Well, I'm done. » | This has to be a good sign. » | The unthinkable has happened. » | I think I've figured out my problem. » | Oh Lord. »

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

My day's been a jumble of unrelated events.

* I had kuchen for breakfast. It's my favorite breakfast.

* We drove through the Crocker Hills on the way back from my grandma's. My dad once told me he wants his ashes scattered there after he dies. I can understand why.

* Exchanging Christmas presents is usually annoying, but exchanging Christmas presents at a jewellry store is fun.

* I saw The Life Aquatic during finals and liked the song that plays during the end credits. It's Queen Bitch by David Bowie. I downloaded it today and am listening to it now. It's a good song.

* In high school, I was inordinately fond of old movies. I rented An Affair to Remember today to see if my tastes have changed. They haven't. It's still corny, but good corny. There's something neat about the idea of a trans-atlantic voyage where dinner is always black tie and people order pink champagne. Whenever I see the Empire State Building in New York, I think of the line, "I was looking up. It was the nearest thing to heaven, you were there." Plus, Cary Grant has the perfect combination of charm and silliness. Oh, this is getting sappy, so . . .

* . . . I came home this afternoon to find a sink full of dead pheasant. That never happens in New York.

* I had elk for dinner. It felt like a first even though I've probably had it before but just don't remember.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker