]]>

« Home | Well, I'm done. » | This has to be a good sign. » | The unthinkable has happened. » | I think I've figured out my problem. » | Oh Lord. » | Motivation Update » | Not so motivated right now. » | Whew. » | 14 Hours » | It's time to go home. »

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Things that made today awesome.

  • Shortly after midnight, I ate my first bagel with lox and cream cheese. Yum.

  • My second flight departed from the B Terminal at the Minneapolis airport. The B Terminal is reserved for flights to espcially exotic locales. Places like Fargo, Bemidji, South Bend, Peoria, and all the places Northwest flies in South Dakota. First, I noticed that there's a big difference between people who live in the Midwest and people who are only from the Midwest. Esentially, former Midwesterners have little, if any tolerance for current Midwesterners. Second, the B Terminal is a temporary home to far more than its fair share of mullets and holiday-themed sweaters (bonus points if you see both on the same person).

  • For the first time ever, I flew into my hometown instead of the larger airport 100 miles away. Today's the first time I've ever seen my town from above. That was great. Also, the "airport" here is awesome. It's a small one-story building and the airplane just pulled right up in front of it and let us out. It was a lot like getting dropped off at a friend's house.

  • I've been reunited with one of the great loves of my life -- my car. Sadie the Saturn and I have had many adventures and I think she's as happy to see me as I am to see her.

  • My parents have made our house all Christmasy and warm. It's good to be home.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Sadie brings on the warm fuzzies for me too. Sadie was an integral part of one of my fondest memories of 2004. I don't think there's anyone else to whom I can honestly say, "Let's sleep in the car at an abandoned K-mart for old times sake." Ah, sadie, how you provided both shelter and fuel economy.

Hils, I think Sadie misses you, and Emily too. I swear she made a few engine sounds of disappointment when she realized yesterday's road trip to Sioux Falls would not take her anywhere near I-95.

Add a comment

 
eXTReMe Tracker